Saturday, July 2, 2011

CAMPNANOWRIMO: Day #2

Has anyone here ever heard of National Novel Writing Month? NaNoWriMo is a rite of passage for any new or seasoned writer looking for a kick in the pants to bust their chops or blast them out of a creative rut they fear they may be stuck in. There are many imitators but no one comes close to duplicating what it is they do for me. (although I do have a soft place in my heart the 3Day Novel Contest). And now they have CampNaNoWriMo. A summer excursion version of what November holds! They even have a t-shirt and camp survival kit! Hey anyone who wants to sponsor me through the month of July to help support the nonprofit and cheer me on to a 50,000 word victory would be greatly appreciated. But if you just want to leave your comments here daily hey thatwould be nice too!

Let me explain, today is day two. I have yet to write word one on my manuscript. It is early yet, barely quarter to ten. I'm on a Fourth of July weekend vacation a Nolin Lake and enjoying the scenery the homecooking at the restaurant of the hotel I'm staying at and enjoying the company of my best friend.

Ahh, this is the life.

So in a way I'm camping. My aunt and uncle have a place down near the lake and many members of my family will be going out on the lake today. I will be doing battle with my mood and cranking out a little over 1600 words to stay on track with my challenge. And since first drafts are messy with chunks of brilliance lodged in there somewhere with stuff that well, I'll keep it clean here about I know eventually it will turn out okay.

So here I go marching off to take my medicine and work on my writing challenge and enjoy my writing retreat. Here's the music I'm listening to: Enya at http://pandora.com/. And for those interested in the challenge I'm taking part in go to http://campnanowrimo.org/.

Today's a good day. Hmmm, the smell of water and the view is wonderful.

No comments: