Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fandom Fest, CampNaNo, and Prayers Needed

I have been blessed this year to say the least, with the writer's Holy Grail of a book contract with MuseItUpPublishing three times over I am in the position to push for the continued marketing of my brand and my product. Muse is an e-pub company building slowly towards something big. And I'm proud to say I'm a part of that. Lea Schizas is not only a wonderful publisher she's a fantastic editor. I may not always see eye to ey with her but I rest safe in the knowledge that she really does want the best for both me and my book. That being said I've been gearing for my first event as a Muse author at Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY at the Fern Vally Conference Center (http://fandomfest.com/). Living seven miles from the county line and having been born and raised in the Derby City I'm excited to be a part of such a Literary friendly con which includes the only literary track of its magnitude at these sort of things.


On the table are things such e-pub, trends in the writing world, and of course science fiction. I will be sitting on a blogging panel in the morning and a putting the science in science fiction panel at night as well as manning an author table to meet and greet potential fans at this wonderful event. Including is a Fright Night Film Fest with John Carpenter, Edward Furlong, Linda Blair, and for those taking a trip down memory lane, the original members of the Cobra Kai from the Karate Kid.


They will have RPG, a masquerade ball, and VIP awards dinner honoring Carpenter and all the filmmakers. I for one can't wait as a writer and as a fan! The dates are July 22nd-24th and the place is the Fern Valley Conference Center in Louisville, KY. Come out and see me, I hope to see you!


Which brings me to CampNaNoWriMo. Day #6. I'm trucking along and of course a little more than 300 words from the days goal I am hopeful things go right for me this time out. Checkout out my nifty web badge for participating! I hope to get a t-shirt next month. My care package should be arriving soon. Woot! Thank you--you know who you are!

And finally I come to those who know Karen McGrath. She is an editor with MuseItUp. She is in bad health and is desperate need of your good thoughts and prayers as is her family. Please keep her and them in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Martha Eskuchen said...

Congratulations on your contracts.
Continue to enjoy your CampNaNo.
I will lift Karen up in prayer.