Sunday, July 3, 2011

CampNaNoWriMo: Day #3

Facing  a sleepless night and knowing that if I leave this post until morning I won't do diddly with it I figured I'd make use of my insomnia. It is officially Day 3 of CampNaNoWriMo and I am a day ahead in the word count. I didn't really know where I was going with the first three chapters of the story but hey, all first drafts are messy, right? That's part of the fun. But I think I found my groove and whose point of view it shout be from. woot!

Also I've been sending out invitations to friends to join me in my novelling adventure and others still like friends and family have been supporting me tremendously! Thank you Karen, Missy, and parents for all of your unique and fun ways of doing so.

But now I'm turning to my extended family, my writing family, and those who have been wonderful during this time of burnout, depression, and mania which can be a real pain in the butt.

I'm looking for people to sponsor me through camp. Yes, I'm asking for the dreaded M word. Money. But not much. Just a dollar. It goes to the Office of Letters and Light, the Non-Profit which puts on my favorite writing challenges of the year. NaNoWriMo, Scriptfrenzy, and now CampNaNoWriMo. I'm just asking for a dollar. And hey, I put my money where my mouth is, I donated what I could afford, $5 dollars. But 1 dollar goes a long way. I don't even care about the donor goodies.

The money goes to running all of these programs and the Young Writers Program which allows for the encouragement of youth to strap on their creative gear and be exposed to the love of writing. I know in this day and age even a dollar can be hard to come by so I know I'm asking a lot. But I've used this contest to get me through a lot of bad times emotionally and creatively and would love to give back. So if you can spare a dollar it would be greatly appreciated.

Follow this link, and for a few days I'll leave this post up and put the link in the side bar for those who come along during next thirty days. Thank you and I hope you don't feel like I'm prying open your wallet.

http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=118073

No comments: