Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Call

As a screenwriter I often dreamed of the moment I would be nominated for an award. Well, a few years back my screenwriting partner and I wrote a short comedy called back on top. It centered around a somewhat manic, scummy agent and his long in the tooth client actor who took himself a little too seriously and script about lunch money. It was for a contest and we took first runner up. It was exciting and an honor to capture that prize and it was a validation that kept us going for some time.

I felt the same way yesterday when I saw the nominations for the Preditors & Editors. My short story, No Ordinary Love had received four nominations. Best Short Story Romance, Best Author Page, Kate Lynd, Best  Book Editor, Tanja Cilia, and Best Cover Artist, Delilah Stephans. How incredible is that?

I know there are those who think of these things as popularity contests, but I'll be honest, this is the first thing I've been picked for since my Young Authors win in Middle School and I am incredibly excited.

No Ordinary Love was born when I saw the preview for Cowboys & Aliens preview for the first time back at the first of the year. Jon Favreau is something of a genius and Daniel Craig was yummy to look at. But the film IS great fun and great storytelling. I hope you'll take a moment to go to http://Critters.org/predpoll/ and vote for  No Ordinary Love as Best Short Story Romance and Best Author Page as Kate Lynd. And vote for my fellow compatriots Tanja Cilia and Delilah Stephans as well. My publishing house, MuseItUp Publishing is up for Best Bookstore I hope you'll vote for them as well.

Well, enough of my campaigning on my blog for the day. Here is the voting link one last time, http://Critters.org/predpoll/ have a good day!

No comments: