Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Days Are Here Again

Did I mention I would eventually be okay, even happy with a 2nd place win at the Preditors & Editors 2011 Poll? Do I still wince a little, yeah, I'd be lying if I said I didn't but I also tied for 10th for Best Author on top of that 2nd place in the Best Romance Short Story category. But sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and move on.

I grew up a competitive kid, and honestly, I'm a competitive adult. I make no apologies for that. But I don't want to give the impression I'm not humbly grateful for the time that those of you who did took to vote for me. I love contests. It's like a moth to the flame for me. Someone waves a shiny trophy and I come running lol. And as it is I get two web icons for my campaign and book. So awesome. Something shiny to put on my virtual awards mantel. My first writing awards as an adult.

Currently I am entered in the RomCon Reader's Crown contest. I hope I uploaded what I needed to or it's $31 down the drain and I will not be very happy about that. I want my review and I want at least an 8 to get the seal. There may even be a contest with Fandom Fest, of that I ferverently hope is the case. And to have an awards ceremony, that would even be more awesome as that is what I would be capable of attending!

I'm doing a book launch at Fandom Fest. I will be launching my trilogy, The Gladiator Chronicles. There are to be 3 books in the series, GLADIATOR, ORACLE, and QUEEN. GLADIATOR is slated for an August 2012 release. I've got great plans for this Book Launch. Bear with me folks and you'll have a great time the weekend of June 29th-July 1st at the Galt House in Louisville, KY at http://FandomFest.com.

No comments: