Sunday, November 13, 2011

Passing 35K w/My Gladiator

At just under 35K I have pent a lot of time with Tristan and I of course of an idea of how it will all end but the thought of coming up with 15,000 more words is a pretty daunting task. And then doing this in the face of promotion, a book signing and just cobbling together 1600 words a day makes it seem like I will never get there.
What gets me through during times such as these?

Well, there is the obligatory NaNoWriMo silliness, the peptalks, the comraderie that comes along with any November. Whether it's your RL friends, your online family or that pet of yours which keeps you warm at night that also seems to help.

Then there's the jaunts outside of the house which seem to help. The ones with your famly that make you especially grateful for your book all over again and the time alone you desperately need to make that manuscript of yours sing to life. I'm about 60 pages away from the end. (woot!)

But then there are those pipe dreams, the ones you normally keep to yourself for fear of people laughing dead in your face. Like the one where you say I'd love t meet the person whose work inspired me through the harder parts of this tale. As if...as Cher from Clueless would say.

Well I've added two more videos to my blog from mine and Pamela Turner's book signing. She recorded and edited so the magic really is all her. So a big thanks to her. They're located at the very bottom of the blog so scroll down. You'll finally see what I look and sound like. LOL. I'm including a picture of Tristan. Perhaps tomorrow I'll include another excerpt of GLADIATOR. Happy viewing!

I thought I might include a picture of the yummy chocolate ganache cake from the book signing too. Grab a fork and eat up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 35k mark. I'm just over 32k and excited to see how things turn out...even though I know the ending my characters keep twisting and turning the plot a tad. Good luck!

Michelle
Author of Concilium, available July 2012
Concilium: The Departure, November 2012

www.Michelle-Pickett.com
www.Conciliumbooks.com